Yoghurt Pumpkin Muffins by A Cozy Kitchen’s ADRIANNA ADARME
Fall means pumpkin! Yoghurt, autumnal spices and a preheated oven is my favorite way to spend an afternoon. This delicious recipe makes 10 muffins.
INGREDIENTS (STREUSEL TOPPING)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup plain Mountain High Yoghurt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of cloves
- To make the streusel, mix together the sugars, spices, butter, flour and oats. The mixture will be clumpy. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place 10 muffin liners inside the muffin cups and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin puree, Mountain High Yoghurt, coconut oil, eggs and spices. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until barely combined. Fill up each muffin cup about 3/4 of the way with batter. Top each muffin with a handful of the streusel mixture.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until muffins are puffed and the tops are lightly golden brown. Cool muffins in pan for about 5 minutes then transfer to rack to cool.