One-Pot Turkey Meatballs with Soba Noodles
Meatballs and weeknight dinners don’t have to be mutually exclusive – this one-pot wonder cooks these yummy, Asian-inspired turkey meatballs in the same pot as the noodles for a quick and delicious twist on a comfort classic.
Prep Time: 45 Min
Start to Finish: 45 Min
- 1 lb lean (at least 93%) ground turkey
- 1 cup panko crispy bread crumbs
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias, white and green parts separated
- 1/4 cup Mountain High™ original plain yoghurt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 package (3.5 oz) shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 package (9.5 oz) soba noodles, broken in half
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. In large bowl, mix turkey, bread crumbs, green onion whites, yoghurt, egg, soy sauce and chile garlic sauce. Shape mixture into 12 (2-inch) meatballs.
2. In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook 8 to 11 minutes, gently turning occasionally, just until browned on all sides.
3. Add broth, bell pepper and mushrooms; heat to boiling. Stir in noodles and edamame; return to boiling. Reduce heat to simmer; cook uncovered 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center (165°F), noodles are cooked and sauce is thickened. Top with green onion greens and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
1 Serving: Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 990mg; Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 5g); Protein 29g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15%
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Vegetable, 3 Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
If you have any leftover cilantro and green onions, throw it on some chips with melted cheese and any of your other favorite ingredients for easy nachos!
For easiest meatball-turning, use a fish spatula or large metal spoon.
Just keep stirring! This easy one-pot cooks quickly, so don’t forget to stir often to prevent noodles from sticking.