Celebrate the 4th of July or heck, any day of the week with this refreshingly fruity dessert. Do it up red white and blue for your July 4th-themed party or let the kids decorate their own tarts with for a fun and fresh edible craft!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Mountain High® original or low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- About 3 cups assorted red and blue fruit (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries) slices or chunks
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed about 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add flour, pecans, oats, baking powder, and cinnamon on low speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- On lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet, spread dough into a 12-inch circle. Bake at 375ºF for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; fold in yoghurt and vanilla. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Arrange fruit on top. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.