This delicious cake recipe comes to us from Baker’s Royale. Serves 8-10.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (1/4 teaspoon if using regular salt)
- 3/4 cup Mountain High Yoghurt
- 8 oz. fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 ounces of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- Heat oven 375 degrees F. Lightly cover a bundt pan with non-stick bake spray. Set aside.
- Prepare cake by sifting flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place eggs and sugar into a stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. With mixer running, slowly drizzle oil down the sidewall of the bowl, then continue with lemon juice followed by vanilla. Turn off mixer.
- Gently fold in dry ingredients with a sturdy spatula or wooden spoon. Fold in yoghurt, blueberries and lemon zest. Pour batter into bundt pan. Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out free of wet batter. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Cool for 10 minutes and remove cake from pan. Set aside to cool completely before glazing.
- Make glaze by placing blueberries, water and sugar in a pan and heat until mixture boils and blueberries bursts. Remove from heat and push mixture through a sieve; set aside to cool. Once cooled sift confectioner sugar into mixture and whisk until smooth. Add in 1 teaspoon of water at a time if needed to achieve a pouring consistency. Pour glaze on top of cake.
Visit Bakers Royale
Total Servings: 8-10