Corn tortillas, yoghurt, limes and onion. Just a few things that go into my favorite Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup. This delicious recipe comes from A Cozy Kitchen’s Adrianna Adarme and serves 4.
- Olive oil
- 2 corn tortillas, sliced into strips and halved
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced or whole tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Mountain High Yoghurt, plus more as garnish
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- Lime wedges, as garnish
- In a small sauté pan, set over medium-high heat, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil. When hot, add the tortilla strips and pan-fry until crispy. Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- To a medium pot, set over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot, add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Next, add the garlic cloves, jalapeño, crushed tomatoes. Cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender (in batches, if needed) and process until smooth. (Be sure to allow steam to escape.). Transfer back to the pot and pour in the broth. Bring to a gentle boil and then immediately turn to low heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil 2 chicken breasts until cooked. Shred the chicken with two forks. Set aside. To the soup, mix in the Mountain High Yoghurt until thoroughly combined. Add the shredded chicken to the soup. Give it a taste and adjust the salt according to your liking.
- Divide the soup amongst bowls and top with a few crispy tortilla strips and a dollop of Mountain High Yoghurt. Serve with a side of limes.
Visit A Cozy Kitchen