This unexpected yoghurt sauce is a delicious creamy topper for your favorite catch of the day.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Mountain High® original or low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients. Place desired meat, poultry or fish in a gallon-size resealable bag. Pour yoghurt mixture into bag. Seal bag; turn to coat meat. Place bag in a bowl in refrigerator.
- Marinate fish for 15 to 30 minutes; most chicken, pork, or beef for 4 to 6 hours; lamb cubes for 6 to 8 hours; and tougher cuts like flank steak or top round roasts for up to 24 hours. Turn occasionally to ensure all pieces get covered.
- Drain meat; discard marinade. Grill, broil, or roast meats and fish as desired.