Raitas are whole milk yoghurt dishes used as a counterbalance to spicy or hot foods in Indian cuisine. They come in many flavors and types. This one is especially good with curries and grilled lamb.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup Mountain High® original plain yoghurt
- With your hands, squeeze all the liquid from the grated cucumber. Place in a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except yoghurt. Mix well.
- Gently stir in yoghurt.
- Cover and chill 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors.
Total Servings: About 2 1/4 cups sauce
1 Serving: Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0); Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 20mg; Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g); Protein 0g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%