This delicious recipe comes to us courtesy of Nibbles N Feast’s Ericka Sanchez. Serves 6 and takes 40 minutes.
- 4 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 2 Serrano peppers
- 5 tablespoon grape seed oil, divided
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon powdered bouillon chicken flavor
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Mountain High Yoghurt, plain
- 6 cilantro sprigs, rinsed and roughly chopped, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 cups cooked turkey, shredded
- 3/4 cup Oaxaca cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup red onion, sliced in rounds
- Combine tomatillos and Serrano peppers in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Boil for 15 minutes or until the tomatillos begin to change in color. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine drained tomatillos, Serrano peppers, sautéed onion, garlic clove and bouillon in a blender container. Blend until smooth. Add cream cheese, yoghurt and cilantro. Pulse until all ingredients have combined.
- Heat remaining oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Fry each tortilla 30 seconds on each side. Remove from heat and place in a large plate.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place 1/4 cup cooked turkey in fried tortilla. Roll and arrange in a 9×13 oven safe baking dish. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Pour creamy tomatillo sauce over rolled tortillas, evenly distributing sauce. Sprinkle with Oaxaca cheese and place in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to bubble.
- Serve and garnish with red onion and chopped cilantro.
Serve and garnish with red onion and chopped cilantro.
Replace turkey meat with cooked pork, chicken or roasted mushrooms for a tasty variation.
Visit Nibbles N Feasts
Total Servings: 6