When you want a quick holiday meal without having to prepare a large bird, or an additional choice for a bigger crowd, this delicious and easy recipe does the trick.
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 2 slices potato bread
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Mountain High® original plain yoghurt
- 1 beef (4 lb) filet
- 2 tsp butter or olive oil and seasonings (for beef)
Fillet of Beef
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Prepare beef by letting meat rest at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle butter and seasonings to taste and rub in to cover entire surface.
- Place filet in a shallow roasting pan with the fattiest side of the fillet face-up.
- Bake 45 min (rare) to 60 min (well-done) according to preference.
- Place the onion, celery, mushrooms, cranberries, walnuts, bread, salt, and seasonings in a food processor. Pulse several times until chopped.
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Transfer cranberry mixture to the skillet. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Remove from heat; stir in yoghurt.