Yoghurt makes a great tenderizer, and works fast on fish or chicken breasts. Tougher meats, however, will benefit from a longer marinating time. Use as a marinade for up to 1 1/2 pounds of fish, chicken pieces, beef, pork or lamb.
- 1 1/2 cups Mountain High original or low-fat plain yoghurt
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon grated ginger-root
- In large bowl, stir together all ingredients. Place desired meat, poultry or fish in a gallon-size resealable bag. Pour yoghurt mixture into bag. Seal bag; turn to coat meat. Place bag in a bowl in refrigerator.
- Marinate fish for 15 to 30 minutes; most chicken , pork or beef for 4 to 6 hours; lamb cubes for 6 to 8 hours; and tougher cuts like flank steak or top round roasts for up to 24 hours. Turn occasionally to ensure all pieces get covered.
- Drain meat; discard marinade. Grill, broil or roast meats and fish as desired.