Recipe by A Cozy Kitchen.
- POUND CAKE
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons fine-grain sea salt
- 1 cup Mountain High Yoghurt
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- BERRY YOGHURT PUREE
- 1/2 pound strawberries
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups Mountain High Yoghurt
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petals
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 5-inch or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease and flour the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another medium-sized bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, white sugar, brown sugar and eggs. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a rubber spatula, fold the olive oil into the batter, making sure it’s completely incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, let’s make the berry yoghurt puree. In a food processor, add the strawberries, sugar and salt and pulse until pureed. Run the strawberry puree through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the seeds and pulp. In a medium bowl, combine the yoghurt and strawberry puree.
- To assemble, start by cutting the pound cake into small cubes. Add a handful of pound cake cubes to a glass. Top with a liberal dollop of strawberry yoghurt, a sprinkling of pistachios and rose petals. Repeat until you have about 3 layers. Repeat with the remaining trifles. A COZY KITCHEN >
Visit A Cozy Kitchen