Quick rotisserie chicken, fresh and jarred vegetables come together in one pot for a creamy, dreamy, easy weeknight dinner.
- 2 cups Mountain High™ original plain yoghurt
- 6 cups water
- 1 lb uncooked penne pasta
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup sliced roasted red bell peppers (from 16-oz jar)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 jar (7.5 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (5 oz) baby spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Measure yoghurt; cover and let stand at room temperature while pasta cooks. In 5-quart Dutch oven, mix water, pasta, garlic, salt and pepper flakes. Heat to simmering over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered 12 to 14 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender.
- Stir in chicken, roasted peppers, olives and artichoke hearts. Return to simmering; cook 2 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed and mixture is heated through.
- Remove from heat; stir in yoghurt and spinach. Continue stirring until spinach wilts. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese. Top with remaining cheese and herbs.
Anything extra can easily be thrown into a salad! Yum!
Need to save even more time? Opt for presliced jarred roasted red bell peppers.
Just keep stirring! This easy one-pot cooks quickly, so don’t forget to stir often to prevent pasta from sticking.
Total Servings: 8 servings
1 Serving: Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 1200mg; Total Carbohydrate 58g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 5g); Protein 25g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 45%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 25%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 4