Meatballs and weeknight dinners don’t have to be mutually exclusive – this one-pot wonder cooks these yummy, Asian-inspired turkey meatballs in the same pot as the noodles for a quick and delicious twist on a comfort classic.
- 1 lb lean (at least 93%) ground turkey
- 1 cup panko crispy bread crumbs
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias, white and green parts separated
- 1/4 cup Mountain High™ original plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 package (3.5 oz) shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 package (9.5 oz) soba noodles, broken in half
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In large bowl, mix turkey, bread crumbs, green onion whites, yoghurt, egg, soy sauce and chile garlic sauce. Shape mixture into 12 (2-inch) meatballs.
- In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook 8 to 11 minutes, gently turning occasionally, just until browned on all sides.
- Add broth, bell pepper and mushrooms; heat to boiling. Stir in noodles and edamame; return to boiling. Reduce heat to simmer; cook uncovered 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center (165°F), noodles are cooked and sauce is thickened. Top with green onion greens and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
If you have any leftover cilantro and green onions, throw it on some chips with melted cheese and any of your other favorite ingredients for easy nachos!
For easiest meatball-turning, use a fish spatula or large metal spoon.
Just keep stirring! This easy one-pot cooks quickly, so don’t forget to stir often to prevent noodles from sticking.
Total Servings: 6 servings
1 Serving: Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 990mg; Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 5g); Protein 29g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15%
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Vegetable, 3 Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3