This simple stir-together sauce combines the powerful heat of serrano chiles and the cooling tang of yoghurt for a deliciously balanced condiment that works great on everything from grilled meats to avocado toast.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- 1 cup Mountain High™ original whole milk plain yoghurt
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 to 2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped serrano chile
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients.
The sauce will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 2 days. But beware: The sauce gets hotter the longer it’s kept.
Top toasted slices of crusty bread with diced avocado, and mash with a fork. Sprinkle with salt, then top with the sauce. Or spread the love! Spoon it over grilled pork or chicken, or drop by dollops on bowls of chili.
Total Servings: 10 servings (about 2 tablespoons each)
1 Serving: Calories 20 (Calories from Fat 5); Total Fat 0.5g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 75mg; Potassium 60mg; Total Carbohydrate 2g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 4%; Iron 0%