The traditional French favorite gets a new twist with this sheet-pan chicken ratatouille. And the Herbed Yoghurt and Feta Sauce adds bright, fresh flavor to the rich roasted chicken and vegetables.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut in 1/4-inch slices (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in 1/4-inch slices (about 1 cup)
- 1 package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs (5 thighs)
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onions
- 1 cup multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced in rings
- Herbed Yoghurt and Feta Sauce
- 1 cup Mountain High™ original whole milk plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 18x13-inch rimmed pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the herbes de Provence and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Add squash and zucchini; toss to coat. Transfer to pan; spread in single layer. Roast 12 minutes; turn.
- Meanwhile, in same bowl, add remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence and 1 teaspoon salt; stir to combine. Add chicken, onions, tomatoes and bell pepper. Toss to coat. Add chicken to pan with squash and zucchini. Spread onions, tomatoes and bell pepper over chicken, squash and zucchini in pan.
- Roast 18 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are browned and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix yoghurt and feta cheese. Stir in parsley, basil, tarragon and garlic. Serve with chicken and vegetables.
The sauce is also delicious served with grilled meats and vegetables or even over scrambled eggs.
Herbes de Provence is a dried herb blend that usually contains lavender buds, savory, rosemary, thyme, oregano and marjoram. It can be found in specialty grocery stores and through online spice retailers.
Total Servings: 4 servings
1 Serving: Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 240); Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 160mg; Sodium 1070mg; Potassium 920mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 3g); Protein 37g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 70%; Calcium 25%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Vegetable, 3 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1 Medium-Fat Meat, 4 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1