Get seared chicken and a stellar sauce all in one pan with this rich, flavorful rosemary chicken dinner.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
- 7 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup Mountain High™ original whole milk plain yoghurt
- Rub chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Using tongs, transfer chicken to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add shallot and garlic to drippings in skillet; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in wine, mustard and honey; heat just to simmering. Stir in 1 teaspoon of the rosemary; return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 8 to 12 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Transfer chicken to serving platter.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in yoghurt. Spoon sauce over chicken; top with additional 1 teaspoon rosemary.
If sauce cools for awhile before serving, it may separate. Don’t be alarmed--just stir it, and it will be smooth again.
Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes to soak up all of the delicious sauce.
Total Servings: 4 servings
1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 120mg; Sodium 840mg; Potassium 410mg; Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 39g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 8%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 5 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2