This delicious breakfast bake is the perfect dish to feed a full house. Serves 6. Recipe by Bakers Royale.
- 3 sweet sausage links
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced leeks
- 2 cups broccoli, cooked until firm
- 1/2 cup drained crushed tomatoes
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 cup gruyere cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed rustic bread
- Place large skillet over medium high heat and place sausage in pan, break-up and cook until browned. Add leeks and cook until softened. Remove from heat and mix in cooked broccoli and crushed tomatoes; set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, parmesan, gruyere and salt. Pour an ⅛ inch of egg mixture onto the bottom of 2 quart casserole pan; set aside. Toss and mix cubed bread and into sausage mixture. Sprinkle bread and sausage mixture into casserole pan and pour remaining egg mixture on top. Gently press down so that bread absorbs egg mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees until browned and center gently jiggles when pan is shaken, about 30-40 minutes. If top browns too quickly, place foil on top.
Visit Bakers Royale
Total Servings: 6