When you think of Alfredo sauce you don’t typically associate the word “fresh,” but this recipe is just that. By incorporating fresh veggies from your garden or co-op and by replacing cream with yoghurt this recipe is a refreshing take on an indulgent classic. Delicious, light and simple… yummy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Plain Mountain High Yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons fresh large basil leaves
- Heat butter in a large skillet.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste and paprika.
- Add red and green bell peppers, shallots, garlic.
- Cook, stirring, about 3 to 4 minutes over medium high heat.
- Add sour cream and yogurt and blend all together.
- Add fresh basil bring to a simmer for about 30 seconds. (Do not boil or sauce will separate.)
- Serve over cooked fettuccine and garnish with a cracked black pepper.